Intermediate and Advanced Features of NVivo11
In this 2-day short course you will learn the more advanced features of NVivo11. In particular, you will learn how to use the features of the programme that help you to analyze your data and visuallly represent your ideas. These include: framework matrices, all forms of queries and visual representations such as maps and models. This is a hands-on course in which you are expected to work on your own NVivo projects, with your own data, on your own personal laptops during the session.
Course fee is R 2 500 per person (includes refreshments and lunch)
Please note: You are required to use your own laptop for this course.
This course is intended for researchers (from all disciplines):
- Who have already collected qualitative data, have created an NVivo project, and have done some coding.
- Who have either taken an intro course to NVivo or have taught themselves how to do basic coding in NVivo
At the end of the course participants will have learned and practised:
- How to set up a classification sheet and case nodes
- Have a greater understanding of what it means to move from codes to themes: including the use of the memo and annotation tools
- How to set-up, run, save and interpret simple and complex queries to explore patterns in your data
- How to visualize your data and analysis through word clouds, mind maps, and models
NVivo does not analyze qualitative data for the researcher but rather can enhance the researcher’s analytical capacity by providing the means to efficiently store, sort and look for patterns in diverse forms of data. Training in NVivo is not a substitute for qualitative research training.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register.