The Provision of Expert Opinion & Evidence as a Health Professional
Date: 4 to 8 June 2018 (Monday to Friday) Venue: UCT Faculty of Health Sciences Time: Please refer to the programme below
Course fee is R 14 500 per person (refreshments and lunch included) CPD points = 32 | Level 2
This is a five day programme aimed at health professionals who are interested in servicing the legal and business domains with expert opinion and evidence.This includes private practice, academia and business employees who may wish to learn more regarding the provision of evidence.
The course is offered in partnership withBurns-Hoffman Consulting, a specialist consultancy in the provision of expert opinion, incapacity, risk and medico-legal assessment reports.
Elise Burns-Hoffman, Manager of Burns-Hoffman Consulting, will present the course alongside a team of legal and health professionals including business experts in the field.
Who should attend?
Those with a medical, paramedical, nursing degree/diploma - or related health professional qualification are invited to attend - including doctors; occupational therapists; physiotherapists; psychologists; social workers etc. Risk claims assessors in possession of the above-mentioned qualifications are encouraged to attend.
• Business principles, focus, strategy and planning
• Business structure, management and tax
• Constitutional, contractual, delictual and court procedural matters
• Law of evidence and practical expert witness training, including the drafting of expert minutes, undergoing examination-in-chief and cross-examination
• Professional report writing